Discovering Your Bluegrass Roots in Kentucky Virtual Seminar Series
The Kentucky Genealogical Society is pleased to present this webinar series throughout the month of August 2020.
Your registration includes access to all eight programs delivered virtually for the low price of $30 for the entire series. Attend them all or attend only the programs that interest you most. The choice is yours. We are keeping the registration pricing low so as many researchers as possible can access this series.
Current members can save $10 off the registration by using discount code MEMBER2020.
All program times listed are Eastern. To learn more about each speaker, click their name for biographical information.
1. Tracing Your Kentucky Roots with Peggy Lauritzen, 8 August, Noon to 1:30 p.m.;
2. Researching at the County and Local Level in Kentucky with Dave Schroeder, 12 August, 7-8:30 p.m.;
4. Kentucky Genealogy Brick Wall Brainstorm, 17 August, 7-8:30 p.m.;
5. Ten Things A Genealogist Should Do Before Leaving a Library or Archives in Kentucky with Melissa Barker, 20 August, 7-8:30 p.m.;
7. Discovering African Americans in Kentucky Records Prior to 1870 with Cynthia Maharrey, 27 August, 7-8:30 p.m.;
8. Strategies to Analyze Endogamous DNA with Alec Ferretti, 29 August, 1-2:30 p.m.
Participation is limited to the first 250 registrants.
The registration fee is not refundable.
Programs will be recorded and shared with participants at the conclusion of the entire series, so you will be able to watch on-demand if you are unable to attend the live events.
Tracing a Kentucky Family From Freedom to Slavery: A Case Study
with Dr. Deborah A. Abbott, Ph.D.
This program recording is now available for on-demand viewing at www.kygs.org
Members can log into their account at www.kygs.org to access the on-demand recording and handout. Once you log-in, select Members Only, then Programs 2020 to access the video recording.
Not yet a member? Join today for just $20 and get access to dozens of programs, an archive of 46 years of Bluegrass Roots, and many other researcher resources.
New On-Demand Programs Available
Amy Johnson Crow and the WANDER Method
J. Mark Lowe and Is It Really Online?
Click Programs 2020 under Members Only
Kentucky Genealogical Society
PO Box 153
Frankfort, Kentucky 40602