A Message from the KGS President
at This Historic Time
Dear KGS Members and Friends,
As I write this, I do not know the full impact the COVID-19 pandemic will have on the KGS community. Here are my thoughts:
Now Online . . .
Spring Issue of Bluegrass Roots
Featured in This Issue:
- Winners of the first KGS Digitization Grants
- Salute to Volunteers
- KGS & COVID-19: Plans for the Future
- Identifying an Unknown Soldier
- William H. Hobby Family – Part 2
- How to Leave Your Genealogical Legacy
To read those articles and more, sign in and look for Bluegrass Roots under "Members Only."
3 Ideal Stay-at-Home Pastimes
Running out of interesting things to do at home? How about one or more of these possibilities?
1. Help genealogists worldwide by joining the Bluegrass Roots surname indexing team. Volunteers use easy online indexing software provided by KGS and choose when and how much to be involved. No indexing experience is required. To volunteer, send email to Rosemary McFarland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If you're a member, add your ancestral surnames to Surname Connections. Instructions make it easy – and you might hear from cousins who can add generations to your research.
3. Go to KGS on Facebook and Twitter and scroll through the posts to get dozens of research ideas and links.
Stay home but stay connected through KGS.
We're always open online!
Kentucky Genealogical Society
PO Box 153
Frankfort, Kentucky 40602
Last Updated 29 March 2020